Less than a month after announcing plans for future product in new-to-the-brand categories and a commitment to advance its heavyweight Touring and Cruiser models, the Motor Company introduces a suite of new products that will continue to inspire people around the world to experience the exhilaration of riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
“Harley-Davidson innovation is infused in all of the new products we are offering for 2019,” said Harley-Davidson Vice President of Marketing Heather Malenshek. “Innovation in design, innovation in technology, and innovation in performance will inspire Harley-Davidson fans and a new generation of riders to share the wide-open freedom of motorcycling.”
New Power Cruiser Offers Racing Style and Performance
The FXDR 114 is an unapologetic power cruiser that brings a new level of performance to the Harley-Davidson lineup. The FXDR 114 combines the unrelenting power of the Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engine with liberal use of weight-saving aluminum and composite components, including a new aluminum swingarm, aluminum subframe, light-weight wheels and composite fenders, to amplify every aspect of its agile handling and performance.
The FXDR 114 is equipped with the most-powerful engine offered in the Softail chassis, a Milwaukee-Eight 114 V-Twin tuned to pound out up to 119 ft. lb. of torque at 3500 rpm (U.S. model). The strong-and-rigid Softail chassis and premium suspension components will reward assertive riders with thrilling agility when riding through twisting backroads and navigating congested urban traffic. The FXDR 114 offers more lean angle than any other Softail model.
Visually, the FXDR 114 communicates its commitment to performance through design inspirations from the drag strip – from a molded speed screen to a clipped tail section and solo seat. The rear fender is shaped to hug a massive 240 mm tire and moves with the tire through the range of the suspension, so it becomes almost invisible when the FXDR 114 is in motion.
(See separate release for complete details on the FXDR 114)
Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike Models Increase Technology and Performance
Harley-Davidson continues to advance its heavyweight Touring and Trike models with technology that elevates performance, function and style.
- The new Boom! Box™ GTS infotainment system for select Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike motorcycles offers the contemporary look, feel and function of the latest mobile devices and tablets, with durability and features designed specifically for motorcycling, plus Apple CarPlay compatibility (when a microphone is in use with optional Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories headsets) and hands-free voice recognition.
- The all-new electronic Reflex Linked Brake system for 2019 Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra and Freewheeler three-wheeled motorcycles incorporates Antilock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS), Drag-Torque Slip Control System (DSCS) and a linked front and rear braking system, features that work together to inspire greater rider confidence.
- All-new premium Harley-Davidson Touring suspension technology gives the 2019 Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra and Freewheeler three-wheeled motorcycle models a significant improvement in ride quality and ease of pre-load adjustment.
- Select 2019 Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike motorcycles will be powered by the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine. At 114 cubic inches, the Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine has the most displacement offered from the Harley-Davidson factory in standard model motorcycles and delivers strong acceleration and passing performance.
(See separate release for complete details)
2019 Limited Edition CVO Models Offer Super-Premium Style and Performance
Three limited-production 2019 Harley-Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations™ models offer show-stopping finishes, advanced technology, exclusive components and extreme attention to detail. The high-performance Milwaukee-Eight® 117 engine is exclusive to CVO models. The new Boom!™ Box GTS infotainment system is standard on each 2019 CVO™ model.
- 2019 CVO™ Limited: For the rider who expects it all – luxury, performance, features and style. The CVO Limited model offers the ultimate in long-range touring comfort and luxury.
- 2019 CVO™ Street Glide®: An edgy, custom-bagger with hot-rod performance and a mind-blowing premium audio system.
- 2019 CVO™ Road Glide®: Distinctive, menacing style combined with long-haul comfort in a performance touring motorcycle ready for long roads and late nights.
Performance, Style and Technology from Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories
Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories are developed alongside new motorcycles to ensure that all customization options are backed by the highest fit, finish, testing and OEM standards. Harley-Davidson® Authorized Dealerships are the customization experts equipped to help select and install Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories. Highlights for 2019 include:
- The 7-inch Daymaker® Adaptive LED headlamp utilizes patented sensors and electronics integrated into the headlamp to determine lean angle of the motorcycle and automatically project additional light into corners to illuminate areas of the road that may be unlit by traditional LED headlamps.
- The new Dominion™ Collection offers the unique ability to personalize individual accessory components for almost unlimited custom options. This collection is offered in gloss black anodized and bronze powder coated base colors and features interchangeable trim pieces in brushed black, bronze powder coated, brushed orange anodized or brushed aluminum that can be added in any combination. This premium accessory collection accentuates a bold, high-performance riding style.
- Performance-enhancing Screamin' Eagle® Stage Upgrades are engineered to generate specific torque and horsepower gains, eliminating all the guesswork and trial-and-error testing normally associated with engine modifications. These stage upgrades are EPA compliant with noise and emissions standards and include everything required to enhance Harley-Davidson motorcycle performance without voiding the motorcycle warranty when installed by an authorized H-D dealer. The new 4.5-inch Screamin’ Eagle® Muffler for the Harley-Davidson Sport Glide® model enables Screamin’ Eagle® Stage I through IV. New Screamin’ Eagle® Timer Cover & Inserts for the Milwaukee-Eight engine show off “what’s inside” with a premium metal medallion labelled with 107, 114 or 117 displacement and the Stage level.